Woolsey Fire Cleanup Resources


Los Angeles County and Ventura County experienced the most devastating wildfires our community has ever faced. Thousands of people have been forced to evacuate their communities and have seen their homes destroyed, businesses devastated, and their towns ravaged. It has been a heartbreaking few weeks for our community as we continue to reel from this disaster. If you have been impacted by fires, please continue to follow the instructions of local officials.

For the most up-to-date information on the Woolsey Fire.

For those of you beginning the recovery process, there are a number of resources available to you. Disaster Assistance Centers (DACs) have been set up to help affected individuals apply for aid. At the DACs state, county, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Small Business Administration, and other recovery specialists will be available to answer questions and provide assistance. “See Resources” below for two DACs that stand ready to assist. For the most updated hours of operation.

Please know I am committed to working with our local, state, and federal officials to ensure that the federal government provides all necessary resources to support our community. What we have seen over the last few weeks is that our community comes together in tough times. We are ready to assist and help our community rebuild. Should you need anything, my staff and I are here to help.

Sincerely, Ted W. Lieu, Member of Congress



Help from county, federal, and state government agencies is one of the next steps to getting back to a normal way of living. Here are some resources available:

  • Los Angeles County Disaster Assistance Centers (DACs): Two locations: Conrad L. Hilton Foundation (30440 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills) and Malibu Courthouse (23525 Civic Center Way). Hours: 1-8 p.m. Nov. 26-29; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 30 and Dec. 1; 1-8 p.m. Dec. 3-6; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 7-8. Check for updates on hours and dates. gov/woolseyfire
  • S. Department of Health and Human Services: Uninsured victims of the Woolsey fire in Los Angeles and Ventura counties who have lost or damaged prescriptions may be eligible for no-cost, 30-day supply replacements of certain medications. Uninsured patients may apply at any Emergency Prescription Assistance Program participating pharmacy through Dec. 31, 2018. Call (855) 793-7470 to learn if medications or durable medical equipment (canes or walkers, for example) are covered by EPAP. Find participating pharmacies


  • Federal Emergency Management Agency: Individuals, households and businesses may apply to rebuild and repair homes and other structures. Anyone impacted by the fires, including employees, employers and volunteers, in Los Angeles and Ventura counties should register with FEMA as soon as possible. 800-621-3362. gov
  • Los Angeles County Assessor’s Office: Homeowners in Los Angeles County whose properties have been damaged (a minimum of $10,000) or destroyed may be eligible for property tax relief by filing a Misfortune and Calamity claim for property tax relief. Assessor’s Disaster Relief Hotline: 213-974-8658. lacounty.gov
  • Small Business Administration: Federal loans are also available for business owners, homeowners and nonprofit organizations. The SBA loans to businesses are used to repair or replace disaster-damaged inventory, property and supplies. Homeowners and renters may also qualify for loans to repair or replace homes and personal property. Customer Service Center, 800-659-2955. Apply online
  • Unemployment assistance:Some employees may be eligible for unemployment benefits due to the fires. File by phone, 8 a.m.-noon Monday-Friday: 800-300-5616; in Spanish, 800-326-8937. ca.gov/Unemployment/UI_Online.htm
  • Insurance company issues: California Department of Insurance consumer hotline: 800-927-4357. ca.gov/01-consumers/140-catastrophes/WildfireResources.cfm



The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle), in coordination with Los Angeles County Public Works, will provide free non-hazardous fire debris removal for residential homes with a maximum of one wall standing destroyed by the Woolsey Fire. It also applies to mobile homes, as well as vehicles and boats on a property where a home was destroyed. List of eligible debris 

Property owners must submit a Right of Entry (ROE) that provides consent for debris removal teams to access a property. Access the ROE form Online; by phone at (888) CLEAN-LA (888-253 2652); In person at Woolsey Fire Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs), located at Malibu Courthouse (23525 Civic Center Way, Malibu, CA 90265); and the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation Building (30440 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301). Submit ROE forms in person at the Woolsey Fire DRCs or via e-mailDeadline to submit is January 28, 2019.

The removal of non-hazardous fire debris is already in progress and does not require property-owner consent. Property owners are strongly encouraged to participate in the government-assisted debris removal program, as it will be a safer, streamlined process with no fee administered.


No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.