The Los Angeles Women’s Theatre Festival (LAWTF), a non-profit organization, celebrates 26 years of producing well over 500 extraordinary multicultural and multidisciplinary solo performers from around the globe.
Drawing from a large pool of festival applicants, LAWTF selected Kamakshi Hart’s Wild At Hart to be featured at this prestigious festival.
The longest-running Annual Solo Festival for women in Los Angeles, LAWTF will take place March 22-March 24, at Theatre 68, 5112 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601. The theme of the Festival is “I, Woman.”
Each performer showcases her work in a 30-minute excerpt. For those who have not yet seen the full-length Wild At Hart, this will be a wonderful opportunity to experience the themes and messages of the piece while enjoying the talents of three other extraordinary women artists.
In the festival lineup, Wild At Hart will be performing on Sunday, March 24, at 7 p.m., under the theme, Rise Up! alongside the following performers:
- Delina Patrice Brooks in Seeds of Peace, a thought-provoking dance piece that gives voice to how a young man’s death breathes new life into a mother, community, and a society shattered by gun violence.
- Jacquelyn Brown-Benefield in Be Empowered, deeply expressed songs, “I Am Enough” and “Rise Up,” that speak words of encouragement and empowerment.
- Ada Cheng in Loving Across Borders, an intense, personal journey that weaves tales of breaking rules and broken hearts across gender-based boundaries.
- Kamakshi Hart in Wild at Hart, a brave story of transformation and triumph from the ravages of trauma, depression and abusive relationships.
- Juli Kim in Haliagmoo (Noble Man’s Dance). This male dance represents the carefree lifestyle of the “Royal Blood” wealthy class in Ancient Korea.
Founded by Executive Producer Adilah Barnes and Miriam Reed, the LAWTF is an annual event unique among Los Angeles cultural institutions that celebrates its 26th Anniversary.
Admission to the Gala is $50 or two tickets for $90 (includes reception and Champagne). For the other programs, ticket prices this year include general admission, single-show tickets at $25 in advance, $30.00 at the door. A VIP all-access pass for the entire weekend is available for $150.
For reservations: (818) 760-0408; or http://www.lawtf.org. To join and follow LAWTF on Facebook and Twitter, click on their links at http://www.lawtf.org
For more information on Kamakshi and to book a Wild At Hart performance and workshop please contact email@example.com or (310) 455-9932.